CB_EN_300x250_Testimonial_JessieG1

понедельник, 24 июля 2017 г.

The Kettlebell Warrior Workout

The Kettlebell Warrior Workout

Boy do I have a great workout for you today!


Even though I was extremely active while out of town, I still came back craving a week of solid workouts to make up for our relaxed eating (well, drinking).


That motivation combined with my excitement over my new kettlebell (see below) was the inspiration for today! If you don’t have a kettlebell, you can substitute a dumbbell!


kb-warriorswing

I first did this workout on Monday, and let me just say on Tuesday I woke up feeling it… all over.


Are you ready?


Kettlebell Warrior Workout



Not sure about the whole kettlebell thing? Check out the awesome benefits of kettlebells that I shared over at CotterCrunch. I promise, your body will thank you!


So that workout…


kettlebell-warrior-workout-graphic

Let’s quickly go over the exercises so that you feel confident going into this. If you have never done kettlebells before, I highly recommend talking to a certified trainer in order to help you conquer the moves successfully.


If you’re a seasoned kettlebell pro, then what are you waiting for? Ha!


Keep your back straight as you push your hips back and forward to drive the swing.

  • Please, don’t do a squat… common misconception. It’s more like a deadlift.
  • Keep the kettlebell below the eye level, no need to go overhead.

Complete 10 racked squats on each side.

  • Focus on keeping your feet pointed straight ahead, while allowing the knees to turn out slightly… this creates torque and is nicer on the joints.

Use a powerful hip thrust and high row motion to drive the kettlebell up.

  • You can bring it straight down from the top position, or lower down to a rack position before repeating (this option gives more of a bicep and shoulder workout, more challenging).

Just like the snatch, however from the top of the snatch, lower to the rack position and complete a push press.


  • A kettlebell thruster is a fancy word for a squat press. You use the power and momentum of your squat to drive the weight up to the sky.
  • Hold the kettlebell in a cannonball position, with the handle down.


  • Complete 10/side!
  • Make sure to keep the elbow in at a 45-degree angle. Lower down until elbow comes to the ground before repeating.
  • It’s easy to let the wrist break here, make sure to keep it straight.

Got it, ready?


Getting Stronger With Kettlebells


For months I’ve been using a 35-lb bell for most moves but had outgrown it for things like snatches and getups…


However, our next highest was a 53 and let’s face it… aside from swings, that’s a big jump. <— Potentially dangerous!


So last week, I sucked it up and ordered a 44-lb from Rogue. And wow, it awesome! Just what I needed.


kb-20

Some moves I was able to do as soon as I grabbed the heavier weight, other moves not quite… giving me something to work towards.


Long story short… it’s time for a kettlebell workout.


I did this workout last night using my 44-lb for everything except for the snatch + press…. That will come soon enough!


Boy, my shoulders, core and legs are feeling it today! And my more calluses… gross.


Which is why for today, I used a 35 to demo the moves. Hope you don’t mind.


I’m tired of having rough hands, but know that they make my hands strong! So I keep them around until my kettlebell rips them off.


Original article and pictures take http://www.liftingrevolution.com/the-kettlebell-warrior-workout/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий